It is hard to believe that in just 17 days we will be welcoming students back into the building for a new school year. The teachers, office staff, the maintenance team, and I have been preparing for the return of all our students. Early next week families will be sent the completed St. Margaret Mary Catholic School: Return to the Classroom Plan. This plan will outline some of the new procedures and precautions the school is taking. I have attached to this email the Office of Catholic Education School Reopening Plan and a Parent FAQ for your review.
Each year we welcomed back our teachers and they look forward to seeing the students return. This year brings a change in staff, Mrs. Stanley will not be returning this year, she will be staying home with her son. We are very excited that she will get to be home and watch him grow. We are very happy to announce that Mrs. VanDerBosch will be our new 2nd-grade teacher. Mrs. VanDerBosch comes to 2nd grade with her Master’s in Education and over 10 years of teaching experience.
As we head into August, here are some important dates and reminders:
- STMM will offer a remote learning option for students in Kindergarten – 8th grade. The deadline to contact the school administration to opt into the program is August 10, 2020. This will ensure that teachers are well prepared for both in-person and remote instruction. Please contact Mrs. Brenna O’Hearn if you would like more information.
- Meet the teacher will be held on August 12 and 13. Families will be given the opportunity to sign-up for a time slot through School Speak More information will be sent to school families early next week.
- August 17, 2020, is our first day back at school. As a reminder, this is a NOON dismissal.
- Milk forms have been sent to all families. Please follow the link to order milk for the 2020 – 2021 school year. The cost of milk is $17 per child and it will be billed through your FACTs account. https://forms.gle/kRVbSUzgBAHDNNqZ9
- Before and After School Care will be available for the 2020 – 2021 school year. Please contact the school office for additional information or registration.
- The STMM Medication Form is attached to this email. Please complete the form and bring in any medication(s) during Meet the Teacher on August 12 and 13.
Principal – STMM