Way to go Panthers, week one is in the books!
We made it through our first week of school and it was a great success. Thank you to all our families for making the adjustments during our transition back. We know that changing a routine can be hard, but you all did a great job adjusting. Arrival and dismissal have both improved with each day and we have set a record with our dismissal averaging about 5 minutes from start to finish. Students have done a wonderful job wearing masks, washing hands, participating in class, joining in during remote learning, and getting into the swing of things.
Below are some general reminders and upcoming events.
Friday, August 28 – Mass at 9:15
Tuesday, September 1 – Advisory Board Meeting at 7:00
Friday, September 4 – Mass at 9:15
*SAVE THE DATE* Chipotle Dine and Share on Wednesday, September 9 from 5:00 pm. – 9:00 p.m. Look for more information to come.
Parent Information Night: At this time Parent Information Night is going to be pushed back to accommodate this in a virtual format. The date will be shared at a later time.
Water Bottles: Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle daily. Students are given time throughout the day to refill the bottles from the touchless water fountain.
Face masks: Students are doing a great job wearing their masks. Please be sure that clean masks are sent to school daily. We highly recommend that a minimum of 3 masks are sent to school each day. This allows the students to swap out the mask should it get dirty. The school office has a supply of masks should a child need a new mask during the school day.
Dismissal: Dismissal is running smoothly. It is very important to remember that there is no supervised dismissal in the parish parking lot. Students will only be dismissed to the west parking lot.
- Car Riders: Car riders are those students who are picked up in the west parking lot at the end of the school day. This year we are asking all families that are picking up in the west parking lot to park in the west lot only and not the parish parking lot.
- Students will be led out of the building by the classroom teachers at the end of the day.
- Parents may stand outside their vehicles but are asked to remain in their parking spots and wait for their child(ren).
- Teachers will be on hand to help students to find their parents.
- We ask that any person picking up who is out of your vehicle to wear a mask when they are out of the vehicle.
- Once all students and parents are in the vehicles, an orange flag will wave indicating that it is safe to move your vehicle. DO NOT MOVE YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL THE FLAG IS WAVED!
- Walkers to the Library: Walkers to the library will be dismissed at 3:10 with the bus riders. These students will meet a teacher in the east hallway to walk over to the library.
- Students who are walking to the library will need to be in a mask.
- Students that take a bus home from school will be dismissed at 3:10. The students who ride the bus will gather in the gym for a few minutes until the bus arrives at the north doors.
- Once the bus arrives the students will exit the building through the north doors to the bus.
- Students who ride the bus will need to be in a mask.
Change of Dismissal: If your child is going home in a different way then the normal routine, please send a note to the classroom teachers. If we do not have a note, the child will not be permitted to change the dismissal. This also applies to a new person picking up or driving your child home.
Student Forms: Please be sure to send in any missing forms to the school office. This includes health forms, emergency forms, birth certificates, and completed enrollment forms. Next week we will be sending home paper and electronic reminders to families that are missing forms.
Absent Students: Students must be called in absent to the school office by 9:00 a.m. If parents do not call their child in when absent the office will follow-up. We must receive notice when a child is absent. Per our handbook, any parent we can not get a hold of for an absence will
Milk: Milk distribution has started for the year and the fee for milk will be applied to your FACTs account next week. The fee will only be applied to families that signed up for milk this year.
Spirit Wear: An email was sent earlier this week for spirit wear orders. Please be sure to order your spirit wear in time for our first spirit wear of the year – September 30, 2020.
Brown Envelopes: Next week we will send home “brown envelopes” to each family. Our envelope system is a way to send paper information to our school families. Families should review the information and then send the signed envelope back to school on Monday.
Donations: Many families have asked what they can do to help us at school. We are quickly discovering that paper towel, soap, and hand sanitizer are going quickly. We could always use these types of donations.
Thank you for all your flexibility and understanding as we adjust to being back in school.
Principal – STMM