Thank you to all the parents that attended conferences last week. If you did not meet with you child’s teacher please set up a time to come in for a conference. Fall parent teacher conferences are required at all grade levels. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.
Cold Weather – Student should be coming to school with the appropriate coats, hats and gloves. The weather has officially turned cold and with a high this week in the 30’s, recess is a little chilly. Student will go outside daily unless the windchill is below 20 degrees.
NO BUS FRIDAY AND NEXT WEEK – Please note that there is not bus service on Friday or all next week.
Job Opening – After Care Assistant. The After Care Assistant is responsible to helping student with homework, art projects, or other endeavors after school. The assistant is responsible for the supervision of children, ensuring that they are safe during indoor and outdoor activities. Students who attend the after care program range in grade levels (preschool – 8th grade). The hours for this position are 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. For more information please contact the school office at 847-658-5313 or email Mrs. O’Hearn – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Something to think about – Technology
We can not deny that we live in a world filled technology. Although we want our children to have access to information and means to communicate, technology can be harmful if not given limits. Do you have limits and rules with your child when it comes to technology? How do you check on the limits you set for your child?
Here are some basic Technology Rules to Consider:
– No screens in the bedroom when kids or teens go to sleep (for younger kids keep screens out completely). FACT – 75% of teens get inadequate sleep. The presence of the devices disrupts sleep cycles.
– Set time goals for studying without multitasking and then, also, take tech breaks. FACT – Multitasking is linked to less retention and poorer academic outcomes.
– Eat family meals without devices. FACT – Face-to-face conversations improve mood and empathy.
– Put phones and devices away in the car. FACT – More than half of kids report seeing their parents texting while driving.
Tuesday, November 13
– Advisory Board Meeting @ 7:00
Wednesday, November 14
Friday, November 16
– NO BUS
-7A Mass at 9:15
-8th grade trip to Marian
Saturday, November 17
– Junior High Dance
Sunday, November 18
Marian Open House
Monday, November 19
– Fall Sports Pictures
Tuesday, November 20
– Athletics Meeting @ 6:00
– Home and School Meeting @7:00
– Home and School Meeting @ 7:00
Wednesday, November 21 – FULL DAY OF SCHOOL
Staff vs. Students Volleyball Game
Thursday, November 22 – NO SCHOOL
Friday, November 23 – NO SCHOOL
Wednesday, November 28
Principal – STMM